Trivandrum is an interesting blend of the old and new. With a historical lineage going back to 1795 when it became the capital of the Kingdom of Travancore, Trivandrum still has numerous edifices standing tall from that era. Aside from this, the city offers great tourism potential with its plethora of scenic beaches, backwaters and chilly hills.
Trivandrum also has a reputation of having some of the best educational institutions and super-specialty hospitals in Kerala. Some other features that make Trivandrum the best city of the future include:
1. The advent of Technopark in 1990 completely changed the map of Trivandrum for ever. This IT Park is projected to soon become the largest in Asia once the Phase III and IV are completed.
2. For those who want to buy luxury apartments in Trivandrum, this is the perfect time as the rapid growth in the city has boosted the real estate sector too, resulting in numerus quality housing projects in key locations.
3. Vizhinjam Port, the country’s deepest international seaport is due for completion soon and expected to boost growth in almost all sectors of the city, making this the right time to invest in property in Trivandrum. As this port is closest to the international sea route, its expected to divert all international ships here.
4. The Outer Ring Road (ORR) project is destined to enfold the outer fringes of the city, leading to greater growth, development and commerce in these areas. This ensures a brighter future for Trivandrum.
5. A Light Metro project is also in the pipeline and is touted to reduce the traffic congestion around the Kazhakootam -Technopark area, leading to better quality of living for the inhabitants.
6. The newly-constructed 4-laned NH66 cutting through the outskirts of Trivandrum offers excellent signal-free connectivity to different parts of the city. This bodes well for the future, as it will enhance economic growth and expansion of the city.
7. Growth in industries in southern Trivandrum is being led by the renovated E-vehicle factory at Neyyattinkara, the upcoming electric bus factory and the Balaramapuram Spinning Mill.
With so much happening all over Trivandrum, it promises to elevate your living standards and provide you with an unbeatable future too!