Even though most people will tell you that finding the right location is crucial to homebuying, its worth noting that going with a credible builder is also equally important too. Since buying a home is a major investment, choose a credible builder who has been in the business for some decades and is experienced in knowing what homebuyers want. In return you will get quality of construction, excellent fittings and finishings, as well as a transparent transaction process.
Here are some tips to helping you find a trustworthy and credible builder in Trivandrum:
1. Ensure that the developer’s credentials include all the mandatory licenses, registration and approvals from the local authorities and RERA.
2. Check the developer’s track record for timely deliveries of quality products. A visit to some of their completed projects will give you a better idea.
3. Once you have zeroed in on a project, research online for the developer’s reputation by looking for customer reviews and their social media presence.
4. You could also take the opinions of friends, family members or colleagues who have recently bought property or are in contact with someone who has just bought property.
5. There are certain qualifying certifications – including CRISIL, ISO or even CREDAI, which signify the developer’s dedication and commitment towards quality construction.
6. Credible developers are also known to be transparent in all their communications regarding project details, legal documents, payment schedules, etc.
7. Another important factor to pay heed to is conducting a legal due diligence check on the developer to ensure that the plot used for construction has clear land titles without any disputes or encumbrances attached. This can save you from a lot of woe down the line.
8. The financial stability of the developer also matters. Check which is the bank financing their project, to ensure that the developer has the financial capacity to complete the project.
9. Check if the developer offers after-sales services such as maintenance support, warranty period, etc., after possession of the property.
10. Finally, its time to visit the developer’s premises to get a sense of their modus operandi, professionalism and customer services.
Ultimately, you have to follow your gut feelings and act on your natural instincts!