In a small space it is always better to have less furniture and stuff. Having too much stuff inside the room would maker it cramped. Get the basic furniture that you would require in the room and arrange them in such a way that you leave ample space between them.
- It is always better to keep the furniture in the corner of the room, as that would leave a lot of space in the middle to move around. A room would look bigger with some open space there in the middle where people can move around.
- While selecting the color of the room make sure that you opt for a light shade as that would make your room look wider. Dark colors would make the room look very short and cramped.
- Make sure that the wall color, curtain color and the furniture color all match with each other. This would make the room space look more open and wide.
- Provide proper lighting in the room. A room when properly lit would look much bigger. Do not use dark and heavy curtains in the room, as that would not allow the sunlight to enter the room in a proper manner.
- If you need to keep a partition in your room try to get a see-through partition as that would help make the room look bigger than it actually is.
- Always keep the room clean. A room where things are cluttered around will make the room look smaller. Hence make sure you tidy up your room time to time.